The Game of High Seas Combat and Plunder!
Back to the main Wizkids Kitbashes Page.
There's not a lot of kitbashing to do with this game, I'm
mostly confined to accessory stuff.
- Accessory Kit 1: Not shown is my island
placement rod. It's 4L long, half white and half red.
- Felt Ocean: A yard of felt from Wal-Mart, see the islands group pic for
Official Island Gallery
Turns out that the place I used for island reference is no longer up, so
here's a quick and dirty gallery of the official islands, both front and
back. I've retained the numbering system used by my old reference source,
which is why they aren't grouped by terrain type. I've listed the terrain
type on the backs in order of the numbering. There are 5 Reefs, 5 Sargassos
and 6 Fogs. (Note: scanned at smaller than 100% on purpose.)
- 1 - 4: Fog, Sargasso, Reef, Fog.
- 5 - 8: Fog, Sargasso, Fog, Reef.
- 9 - 12: Sargasso, Reef, Sargasso, Fog.
- 13 - 16: Reef, Reef, Sargasso, Fog.
Home-Made Island Gallery
Using styrene sheet and other bits of plastic, I've built six topographically
raised islands. They're roughly "regulation" size (the last three are a bit
bigger than the first three), flat enough to allow for forts and not
interfere with treasure placement or docking. For reference, here's the
Apple Barrel Paints colors I used: Sea - Periwinkle Blue, Carolina Blue, Icy
White; Sand - Sandstone, Golden Yellow, Territorial Beige; Foliage - Kelly
Green, Kiki; Stone - Pewter Gray, Country Gray; Huts, bridges and docks -
Brown Oxide, Territorial Beige. Everything got a coat of Krylon spray
- Kong Island - Inspired by Skull Island from
the classic King Kong movie.
- The Isle of Mystery - One of the goofy
islands, it's shaped like a question mark.
- Dock Island - Based on one of the "canonical"
- Monument Island - Bridges connect parts of an
atoll, with basalt pillars forming a monument on one segment.
- Sleeping Giant Island - A dormant volcano
built up from 6 layers of styrene, plus a barrier reef.
- Big Toa's Island - The other goofy island.
One of the canonical islands has a vaguely footprint-like shape. This one
ain't so vague.
- All Six - All of my islands arrayed on
blue felt with some ships cruising around.